Thursday, September 11, 2008

Summer Is Over

It has been a long time since I have updated my blog. I've had a really busy summer. Not a lot of spinning or dyeing though I have knitted quite a bit. Work has been really stressful so I guess I was not in the mood to spin or dye.

But now it's September and the Waterloo County Knitter's Fair is on Saturday and I'm really excited about it. I've also caught the spinning and dyeing bug again and I'm glad. I'm going to be test driving some spinning wheels on Saturday and hopefully I'll be able to bring one home with me. My eye is on the Schacht Ladybug. I've read many great reviews about it and I love the looks and design of it. I can't wait till I can get my hands on it!

I picked up my spindle up again last week to finish plying the singles I was working on. I remember last May that I was having trouble plying and was getting frustrated. It went real easy this time. All that forum reading at Ravelry must of paid off. My fourth hand spun is now finished and here it is.


Here is close up:
It's 110 yards of superwash merino and nylon blend. It's about 13 wpi and a little heavier then sport weight. It is super soft too. It's the softest yarn I have spun yet! Very happy with it.

On Monday I dyed a bit of superwash merino and nylon fiber. I'm in the process of knitting and designing a purse from my previous hand spun yarn and I ran out of yarn. :o( So as a design solution I dyed up some more fibre but in a different but similar colourway. It might of came out too bold but it could be interesting. Here is the roving.


With fall and winter coming I'm seeing a lot of dying and spinning in my future. I will try to update at least once a week with my progress. So stay tuned!


No comments: