Friday, April 18, 2008

Dyed Blue Face Leicester

As promised here is the picture of the dyed Blue Face Leicester. It is a mixture of russet, a mixed purple and brown. It is pretty uniform in colour with some areas that are darker.




The colour is actually starting to grow on me. It's not what I had in mind but while taking pictures of my stash for Ravelry I realized the colour is very similar to a ball of Mountain Colors that I have. I bought it a the Kitchener Knitter's Fair last September to make some gauntlets but haven't made them yet. Maybe when I spin this fiber I'll make a hat to go with them. I don't actually own a hat and it might come in handy. ;o)

The name of the colorway of the Mountain Colors is Red Hawk Tail. It's really pretty. I've been looking around for a pattern for gauntlets but haven't found one I like yet. I think I might design my own when I come around to knitting them. Can't think of knitting gauntlets right now. It's too warm. Spring is definitely here.

I'm probably going to wait before I spin this fiber. The Polypay pencil roving is really calling me and I want to try it out. My hand dyed merino that I was spinning is done! It is now hanging to dry in my bathroom. It came out really nice. I think it's a little over twisted. Hopefully it will relax abit before I knit with it. I don't know what I'm going to make with it. I have only 56 yards of it. I'll take a picture of when it's dried.

No comments: