Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's been a week

So it's been a week since my last post. A few things have happened that are blog worthy so here we go.

I have been sick. I'm pretty tired of it. I've been sick since Monday April 21. I have a cold, my nose is stuffy and I have been coughing. My voice has been going through interesting ranges and of course I've had to work through it all. On top of all that I've had to train new staff which means lots of talking on my behalf followed by lots of coughing fits. It has not been a good week for work. This is the main reason why I have not posted recently. I'm was just too tired. I've been sleeping a lot which is good to heal but I 'm still sick. Anyway lets hope that I get better soon.

On a different note it was my Birthday on the 23rd. I had a great day even though I was sick. Had the day off work. Dyed some fiber, had dinner at my best friend house and had a generally good day.

I got a gift certificate from my friend to the Stitch Niche and I'm thinking I'm going to buy some yarn to make myself a summer top. I have the Fitted Knit by Stefanie Japel and I've been wanting to make the Drop Stitch Lace Tank. I check this pattern on Ravelry and it looks as though it is very flattering. Really looking forward to it.

I also got some money from my Mom for my birthday and she wanted me to get a DVD player with it and then get whatever else I wanted with the rest. May I say that it is hard to find normal DVD players. Mine died which it why I need a new one and I went shopping yesterday to replace it. I went to a few different stores and had a real hard time. All the DVD players they had were either Bluerays or HD which is way out of my price range or up-converting types which I was informed is a waste on my non-HD-TV. The only place that had a decent normal DVD player was Future Shop and they were of course out of stock. So no DVD player yet...

But I did get something else. I got a digital camera. YAY!!! I've been wanting one for a few years and especially since starting this blog. It will now be way easier to take pictures for this blog. I played with it last night and had a blast taking pictures of my cats. Here are a few of the best.




This is Tygra. She is so cute and cuddly.





I woke up Diamond for this picture. She is not too thrilled.



Was playing with the zoom and got this cool shot.

Now I was going to take some pictures of my newly dyed fiber but something seems to be wrong with my new camera. It's making a weird noise and the the screen is shaking and flickering. It was definitely not doing that last night so I'll have to bring it back tomorrow and see what is wrong with it. I'm recharging some batteries to see it that will solve the problem. So sorry folks no pics of my fiber. I'll post again as soon as my camera is working properly.






No comments: