Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mister Postman

So my doorbell rings at 8:30 am this morning... It's my package being delivered with my two fibers that were missing.

But 8:30 am... Someone must of been yelled at lol. I mean usually they just leave it outside my door when they deliverd it sometime in the afternoon. This time they hand delivered it first thing in the morning. Interesting...

Anyway I had just gone to bed actually since I had done another night shift so I was not too happy about being woken up just went I had just fallen asleep but it's OK because my fiber is here!!!



The fiber in the front is Polypay pencil roving. It looks like yarn it is so thin. I will definitely only be dying it after I've spun it. In the back is 1 lb of merino/nylon mills ends roving. I'm looking forward to playing with that.

On a different note I got my Ravelry invite today! So I will be busy taking pictures of my stash, FO's and WIP's. I hope my web cam can handle it. I really need to get a digital camera. I also need a cell phone so I might just look into getting a camera phone for now. Later I might invest in a good camera. I want my spinning wheel first. ;o)

Yesterday I also dyed some BFL. I tried a different technique then the first time. It's more of an immersed technique. I'm not too sure if I like it. I wanted a more blended effect then the first dye job I did but it's TOO blended now. It's way subtle. Which is not bad but not what I had in mind. Think I put too much water in the pot. I had poured russet, a mixed purple and brown in the pot. Now it just looks like a reddish brown colour. We will see how it dries. I would post a picture of it but it is drying on my table right now and my web cam does not reach that far. Once again I need a camera. I'll post it tomorrow when it its dried.

1 comment:

ZantiMissKnit said...

Oh my . . . a whole pound of fiber! I need to purchase a whole pound to dye and spin, myself.

Sometimes, subtle is good. You never know how it will look spun up. I dyed some fiber and wasn't nuts about the results, but once I spun it up it was gorgeous!